The pros and cons of CNC wood machine
I believe that many people have introduced you to the advantages of CNC wood machine, but not many people mentioned the disadvantages of this. So many customers do not know whether they should buy CNC wood machine? Today, we will take you to understand the advantages and disadvantages of this machine, and help you and your business from the most impartial perspective.
Hope to assure you that the machine you buy can achieve your application and desired results. We have a team of professional and technical personnel who will provide you with the most accurate help so that you can choose the right machine to complete the efficient work.
First, let me talk about the main benefits of buying and owning a CNC wood machine.
- CNC can help you automate business tasks
- Keep employees consistent
- Help reduce waste by optimizing material usage
- High precision and repeatability
- Various materials that can be cut and engraved
- Provides a variety of tools that allow you to perform different types of cutting and engraving, such as contouring, drilling, bagging, simple engraving, V-cutting, bevel cutting, prism and 3D engraving
- Due to the strength of the spindle and the hardness of the tool (including the height of the gantry), it can process thicker materials than a laser cutting machine
- Fast cutting speed
- Short production time
- Output consistency-reduce human error
- The cutting area is very flexible, for example, from a small size of 600 x 900 to a large size of 2050 x 8000 mm or more.
- A large number of CAD/CAM software is available for design, such as Vectric V Carve Pro, AlphaCAM, Cabinet Master, etc.
- Some models have a built-in PC system that allows you to edit files on your computer instantly (Merlin and Apollo CNC routers)
- strong and sturdy
The relative CNC wood machine certainly has its shortcomings, but the overall advantages of wood router outweigh the shortcomings.
- Due to the vacuum system, air extraction device and spindle, the CNC wood router relatively large (different materials will produce different sounds and volumes)
- Residual dust-even if the CNC wood machine equipped with an air extraction system, there will almost always be some kind of residual dust/chips. This is especially obvious if you use a squeeze tool to squeeze the excess material into the cutting path-it needs to be removed.
- These tools will not last forever. Once worn or damaged, new parts must be replaced.
- Compared with CO2 laser cutting machine, the learning curve is steeper, but all our systems are fully trained, and our Spartan CNC machine series are designed to be easy to use.
- The skilled workers on the machine have been lost, and the machine has done all the hard work-this can also be seen as a reward.
- Cutting different types of materials and thickness will require you to use multiple tools
After obtaining the correct information, you can determine whether the workshop needs a CNC wood machine. Our team of industry experts is always ready to provide you with fair advice to ensure that you choose the machine that suits your needs.