Asked Questions About Laser Cutting Machines
Here, you can find answers to common questions about laser cutting machines and laser cutting processing.
What is the working principle of laser cutting machine?
Laser cutting is to use a focused high-power density laser beam to irradiate the workpiece, so that the irradiated material quickly melts, vaporizes, ablates or reaches the ignition point, and at the same time blows out the molten material by the high-speed airflow coaxial with the beam, and moves through the CNC mechanical system The light spot irradiates the position to realize a thermal cutting method for cutting the workpiece.
Is the laser cutting machine dangerous to operate?
Laser cutting is a very environmentally friendly cutting method, generally speaking, there is no harm to the body. Compared with ion cutting and oxygen cutting, laser cutting produces less dust, weak light and low noise. However, if you do not follow the correct safe operation method, it will also cause personal injury to the user or damage to the machine.
- Beware of flammable materials when using the machine. Certain materials are not allowed to be cut on a laser cutting machine, including foam core materials, any PVC materials, highly reflective materials, etc.
- During the working process of the machine, the operator is prohibited from leaving without authorization to avoid unnecessary losses.
- Do not stare at the laser processing operation. It is forbidden to observe laser light through binoculars, microscope, magnifying glass, etc.
- Do not store explosive or flammable materials in the laser processing area.
What are the factors that affect the accuracy of laser cutting machines?
There are many factors that affect the accuracy of laser cutting, some are determined by the equipment itself, such as the accuracy of the mechanical system, the degree of vibration of the worktable, the quality of the laser beam, the influence of auxiliary gas and the nozzle, etc.; some are inherent factors of the material, such as the physical and chemical properties of the material , The reflectivity of the material, etc.; there are some factors that are selected according to the specific processing object and user quality requirements, and corresponding adjustments are made to determine the relevant parameters, such as output power, focus position, cutting speed and auxiliary gas Wait.
How does the laser cutting machine find the focus?
Since the laser power density has a great influence on the cutting speed, the selection of the focus position is particularly important. The spot size after the laser beam is focused is proportional to the focal length of the lens. There are three simple methods to determine the cutting focus in the industrial field:
- Printing method: The cutting head is moved from top to bottom, and the laser beam is printed on the plastic plate, and the spot with the smallest printing diameter is the focus.
- Inclined plate method: Use a plastic plate placed obliquely at an angle to the vertical axis to pull it horizontally to find the smallest point of the laser beam as the focus.
- Blue spark method: remove the nozzle, blow the air, hit the pulse laser on the stainless-steel plate, make the cutting head move from top to bottom, until the largest blue spark is the focus.
At present, many manufacturers’ machines have realized automatic focusing. With the automatic focusing function, the processing efficiency of the laser cutting machine can be significantly improved: the perforation time of thick plates is greatly reduced; when processing workpieces of different materials and different thicknesses, the machine can automatically quickly adjust the focus to the most suitable position.
What types of lasers are there and what are the differences between them?
The lasers currently used in laser processing and manufacturing mainly include CO2 lasers, YAG lasers, and fiber lasers. Among them, high-power CO2 lasers and YAG lasers are widely used in confidential processing; fiber lasers based on fiber-optic sites have obvious advantages in reducing threshold, oscillation wavelength range, and wavelength tunable performance, and have become emerging technologies in the current laser field.
What is the cutting thickness of the laser cutting machine?
At present, the thickness of laser cutting machine generally does not exceed 25mm. Compared with other cutting methods, it has obvious advantages for cutting materials with precise dimensions below 20mm.
What are the application areas of laser cutting machines?
Laser cutting machines are widely used in automobile manufacturing, kitchen utensils industry, sheet metal processing, advertising industry, machinery manufacturing, Case cabinets, elevator manufacturing, fitness equipment and other industries.