How to laser cut wood ?
Laser cutter machine for wood:The perfect laser cutter for large surfaces of wood, metal, acrylic, aluminmum, stone, textiles and much more. Fastest large format laser engraver, high, lowest maintenance and more flexibility with your applications.
Engraving and cutting wood with a laser offers a number of benefits. Not least because of this, the process is used as standard in many industries.
- Quick customisation: unique engravings and personalising work can be produced in seconds flat. Coloured inscriptions provide a decorative appearance.
- No fixing necessary: laser work can be carried out as a fully contactless process. In contrast to milling, it is not necessary to fix the product in place. This simplifies the process, thus increasing throughput and profitability.
- Simple work processes: You can create your desired design in your usual graphics program. You don’t need any extra software or comprehensive training. The template is sent to the laser via a print command and can be put into effect quickly and easily.
- Clean and precise: no chips are created when engraving wood with a laser, which guarantees a clean workspace. The engravings impress with their extreme precision – even for small patterns with low radii. A suitable extractor is required and can be supplied by IgoldenLaser.
- No wear: when engraving wood with a laser, the laser does not become worn and it is not necessary to buy additional tools. This means there are no costs resulting from tool wear, as is the case in milling, for example. The quality of the cuts is consistently high.
Does the wood burn during laser cutting?
Yes. Wood lasering is a sublimation process. However, this is not bad and very often actually desirable. Accurate focusing, selection of the appropriate parameters, use of suitable optics and supply of compressed air allow cutting and engraving of the highest quality.
Can any type of wood be processed with the laser?
Since wood is a natural material, the laser user must consider a number of parameters such as the density and the resin content of the wood for the processing. Soft woods, e.g. balsa, require less laser power and can be cut more quickly. Hardwood, as an example of dense wood, on the other hand requires more laser power. For MDF, which consists of glued wood fibers, Igolden recommends using compressed air.
Will the laser engraving always become dark?
The brownish-colored laser engraving is well known. When processing varnished wood, with the appropriate laser settings you can also achieve a white engraving. Here we recommend very low power at high speed.
How to achieve a particularly dark engraving?
By defocussing the laser beam – about 0.5 to 2 mm – the laser spot becomes larger. The power density is thus reduced. With this beam, you get a particularly dark laser engraving. Details may be lost. Simply try this method!
There is smoke in the processing area. What to do?
Laser processing of wood is a sublimation process. I.e., the solid material is converted directly into gaseous state through combustion.
How is a Laser Engraver used?
CO2 laser engraving machine is widely used in a variety of non-metallic materials, such as acrylic, leather, cloth, paper, bamboo products, wood products, resin, rubber, etc. The mixed cutting machine can also be used for cutting and engraving thin metal sheets. Popular applications include:
1. Printing and packaging industry: rubber plate laser engraving, paper products laser cutting, knife template engraving, etc.
2. Craft gift industry: crystal carving, bamboo slips, bamboo mats, bamboo curtain laser hot stamping, ivory, bone, shell carving, woodblock book laser carving, mahogany laser carving, box-shaped crafts laser carving, chessboard laser carving, etc.
3. Advertising and publicity industry: large-scale blister cutting, plexiglass laser engraving (cutting), laser production of various plaques, crystal, trophy engraving, two-color plate laser engraving (cutting), metal sheet cutting.
4. Leather garment industry: cutting of all kinds of shoe materials, fur, real leather, artificial leather and surface pattern carving, cutting, hollowing; pattern cutting of all kinds of clothing, fabrics and textiles, etc.
5. Model making industry: sand table building model laser engraving (cutting) production; aviation, navigation, model laser engraving (cutting) production; cartoon character model laser engraving (cutting) production; industrial sample model laser engraving (cutting) production, etc.
6. Other industries: engraving marks on decorative materials such as marble, granite, glass, crystal, paper cutting, greeting cards and other paper craft cutting.
where to buy wood for laser cutting
Are you looking forward to DIY laser engraver kit plans or coming up with an idea to buy an affordable laser engraver for metal, wood, stone, glass, polymer, plastic, acrylic, leather or fabric with hobbyists, home use, small business, school education, commercial use or industrial manufacturing in USA, UK, UAE, Canada, Australia, Russia, South Africa, China, India or other countries from Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Africa, and Oceania。
IGOLDENLASER has the most powerful parts processing and manufacturing capabilities in the industry. We built dozens of large-scale processing equipment, CNC machining centers and laser collimators, laser interferometers, ballbars and other high-precision processing equipment and testing equipment. And we also adopt original imported accessories, and learn from the advantages of international equipment technology. We adhere to independent and continuous innovation, improve manufacturing levels, so that won the unanimous recognition of the market and customers.