Operation Steps Of Stone Engraving Machine
Stone engraving machine, stone carving art in China’s origin is earlier, also reflects the needs of the people.When the stone carving machine appears, it can be said that it improves and enhances our living standard in many aspects.
Steps for correct operation of CNC stone engraving machine:
1. Open the engraving programming software and program the engraving path: Let us give an example, if engraving, then use Wentai software to arrange the version first, and then enter the depth, overlap rate, line spacing and other parameters in the pop-up dialog box through 2D, 3D, and cutting. , And then let the computer calculate. If processing reliefs, fill in each processing parameter, and the computer starts to calculate. After the path is generated, a colored line will be generated on the character or model, which is what we often call the tool path.
2. Output the engraving path and input the stone engraving machines control system software: output the file in Wentai, Jingdiao, ARTCAM and other software, if it is a format that the stone engraving machine control system cannot support, it needs to be converted. Commonly used program formats are nc, mmg, etc.
3. Check the machine and fix the workpiece correctly: Check whether there are debris on the machine table, especially stone particles, large-area stone powder, sand, etc., pay attention to cleaning, otherwise it will easily affect the flatness of the material. Cause different shades (to solve the problem of unevenness, you can visit our official website to view the description of the leveling system of the stone cnc router machine, also known as the engraving treasure).
Place the workpiece according to the placement direction in the typesetting programming software, depending on whether the material is placed horizontally or vertically. Note that the material and the machine are parallel to the direction of the axis, and do not put it off. Use a pressing plate to fix the material, generally there are two fixing methods: pressing and topping. If it is pressed by a pressing plate, be careful not to press on the processed part of the material to prevent the machine from crashing or hitting the knife.
4. Determine the origin of the workpiece coordinate system, which is what we often call tool setting. Respectively align the origin of each axis of the machine to the origin, and then reset the data to zero or enter the coordinate value of the corresponding coordinate system.
5. Check the water spray and water circulation, adjust the machine speed and feed speed, and simulate in the stone cnc router machine control system software. If it is a Weihong system, just press F8. Check the simulation is correct, and then press F8 to launch the simulation.
6. Start engraving machine, the shortcut key of Weihong system is F9.
7. Processing is complete. Pay attention to check whether the stone carving effect is satisfactory and whether it is necessary to make up the knife.
Main functions of stone engraving machine
Stone lettering, stone relief, stone Yang carving, stone Yin carving, stone line carving, stone cutting, stone hollow and also for marble and granite, etc….
Deep machining of stone
Beside milling metal, the machining of stone makes the highest demands in the CNC manufacturing. When it comes to deep machining of granite, marble and slate, it turns out if the machine construction is stable enough in all axes to avoid the bending of the components during the machining process. An unstable built CNC router cannot process the milling paths precisely and produces inaccurate results. You can visualise this by imagining a machine which is supposed to mill a straight line into stone, but due to the bending of the Z-axis, the milling cutter shifts left and right which makes it impossible for the machine to create a straight line.
It is recommended to perform routine maintenance checks on the machine to ensure better uptime and productivity. Appropriate implementation and maintenance of CNC machines can avert catastrophic machinery failures and ensure longevity with barely any downtime.