What is a laser cutter?
Laser cutter machine is a laser processing machine tool that is mainly used to cut plates into workpieces of the desired shape. Equipment that uses the thermal energy of a laser beam to achieve cutting.
iGOLDENCNC is a professional supplier of fiber laser cutting solutions. Our equipment includes Flatbed laser cutting machine, Plate&tube laser cutting machine, Protective laser cutting machine, Exchange-worktable laser cutting machine, metal pipe laser cutting machine.
Laser power range: 1000w/1500w/2000w/3000w/4000w/6000w/8000w/10000w/12000w.
Laser cutting processing uses invisible beams to replace traditional mechanical tools. It has the advantages of high accuracy, fast cutting speed, not limited by cutting patterns, automatic discharge to save materials, smooth cutting, and low processing costs. It will gradually improve or replace the traditional metal cutting processing equipment.
The main components of the fiber laser cutting machine include laser power, laser cutting head, motors, machine body, worktable, servo motors, control system, driving system, cooling system and so on.
How does the laser cutter machine work? What are their characteristics?
The fiber laser cutting machine is a CNC cutting equipment that integrates advanced fiber laser technology, CNC technology, and precision mechanical technology. It uses advanced fiber lasers to output high-energy-density laser beams and gathers them on the surface of the workpiece to make the workpiece The area illuminated by the ultra-fine focus spot is instantly melted and vaporized, and the spot irradiation position is moved by the CNC mechanical system to realize automatic cutting.
Its characteristics are mainly:
- Ultra-low-cost, the laser consumes only about 1 degree per hour, and can blow air to cut various metal sheets;
- High performance, the high-quality laser has stable performance, and the service life can exceed 100,000 hours;
- High speed, high efficiency, cutting thin plates more than 10 meters per minute;
- The laser is maintenance-free, reducing maintenance costs;
- The cutting edge is of good quality, small deformation, smooth and beautiful;
- Using imported transmission mechanism and servo motor, high cutting precision;
- Various graphics and text can be designed at will, instant cutting, simple operation, easy to learn, and convenient.
What are the main applications of laser cutter machines?
Fiber laser cutting machine is mainly used for cutting metal plates, including but not limited to stainless steel, carbon steel, iron, alloys, etc., and can also cut thin plates of high-reflection materials, such as aluminium plates, copper plates, and titanium plates.
It is widely used in the manufacturing of parts and components, car body processing, bogie manufacturing, as well as precision medical beauty equipment processing, steel and wood furniture, machinery manufacturing, household appliances, kitchenware, and fitness equipment in the rail locomotive, aerospace, and automotive industries.
What are the common table sizes of fiber laser cutter machines?
Plate: 3000*1500mm, 4500*1500mm, 4000*2000mm, 6000*2000mm, usually referred to as 3015, 4515, 4020, 6020.
Pipe: 3m, 6m, 9m.
How to choose the right laser cutter machine?
- Processing materials and business requirements
First of all, we should consider our business scope, the thickness of the cutting material, the material that needs to be cut and then determine the size of the equipment that needs to be purchased and the size of the worktable. At present, the power of the laser cutting machine on the market is between 500w and 6000w. The scale of the workbench manufacturer can be customized according to customer needs.
- Selection of suppliers (manufacturers)
After confirming the demand, we can understand and check the performance and basic parameters of the machine through various channels. Choose some strong and competitive manufacturers for early communication and samples, and then we can conduct on-site inspections, the price of the machine, and the machine Training, payment methods, after-sales service, etc. are discussed in more detail.
- Laser power
When choosing the performance of a laser cutting machine, you should fully consider the environment. For example, we often cut metal plates below 6mm, and then choose a 500W-700W laser cutting machine to meet production needs. If cutting more than 6mm Materials, you need to consider the use of larger power machines, which is more conducive to the cost control of enterprises.
- The core part of the laser cutting machine
When selecting some important parts of the laser cutting machine, we also need to pay special attention. Especially the laser generator, laser cutting head, servo motor, guide rail, water tank, etc., we must distinguish whether it is made in China or imported. All these factors directly affect the laser The cutting speed and accuracy of the cutting machine.
- Equipment quality and stability in use
Now the product development cycle is very short, and the update and replacement are getting faster and faster. How to guarantee customer orders, maintain the company’s reputation, and improve the company’s competitiveness is also an arduous task for every operator. Therefore, choose and purchase stable processing Equipment is the prerequisite and foundation. It is necessary to choose as much as possible a brand with a high market share, a complete after-sales service system, many after-sales service outlets and long-term market inspections. Without after-sales service, we cannot covet cheap products and buy inferior products. This will have a huge impact on the company’s production.
- After-sales service
The after-sales service of each manufacturer varies greatly, and the warranty time is uneven. In the after-sales service, we should not only provide customers with an effective daily maintenance plan but also establish a professional training system to help customers get started as soon as possible.
Maintenance of laser cutter machine.
- Visual inspection
Look for signs of wear, leakage or deterioration, such as bellows and wipers on guide rails and ball screws.
Fill up and replace the oil according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Filter replacement.
Air filter and oil filter.
This helps keep the machine in good condition.
- Clean the optical components.
Laser cutting will produce smoke, blur the window glass and reduce the beam quality. Care must be taken when cleaning the optical system to avoid scratches.
- Beam quality test.
Laser manufacturers use beam analyzers to do this. For users, a simpler method is to conduct regular test cuts. Some people call this a burning profile-and compare today’s beam cutting methods with new machines. Compare the workpiece during cutting. This is a simple and intuitive way to see if the beam has changed.
- Chiller maintenance.
The water needs to be replaced regularly, and microbial chemicals must be added. In addition, the cooling coil needs to be cleaned to make it work effectively.
- Auxiliary gas check.
The gas must be clean and dry. Workshop air is an auxiliary gas, so it is important to check whether the filter and moisture collector is working properly.
- The nozzle of the laser cutting machine is regularly checked and replaced.
- The debris in the drag chain of the laser cutting machine should be cleaned frequently.
- Clean up the waste material of the discharge trolley in time.
- Clean the focus lens of the cutting head of the laser cutting machine regularly and check whether it is damaged.
- Pay attention to the surrounding environment and personal safety when using air, especially when using oxygen to assist cutting.
- Lasers and laser cutting machines should keep their appearance clean and tidy and clean them frequently.
- Clean up the debris on the filter screen of the suction outlet in time to ensure that the ventilation pipe is unblocked.
- Monitor and check whether the switch of the laser mechanical shutter is normal.
- The laser cutting nozzle should be cleaned every 30 minutes or so to remove the metal slag sprayed on it.
- Before work, every day, check whether the x, y, and z axes of the laser cutting machine can return to the original point. If there is a problem, check whether the position of the origin switch-hitting block is offset.
- Use an air gun to clean the dust on the heat exchange fins of the water cooler and the freeze dryer, and it is required to blow the dust to ensure the heat dissipation efficiency.
- Check the cooling water temperature, the laser water inlet 19℃≤temperature≤22℃. The temperature change is about 21℃. The water inlet pressure is between 4~5bar.
- Check the freeze dryer, press the start button to see whether the indicator light is on. Whether the automatic drainer is regularly draining. When stopped and without compressed air, whether the pointer of the evaporation thermometer is lower than the ambient temperature, about 5-15 below the ambient temperature ℃ is normal. In the state of operation and compressed airflow, whether the pointer of the evaporation thermometer is in the green area.
- Regularly inspect the working status of the voltage stabilizer: observe whether the temperature rise of the compensation transformer and the voltage regulating transformer is normal, whether there is overheating, discolouration of the coil, etc.; whether the carbon brush contact is good; whether the input and output voltage is normal; whether there is an overload phenomenon, etc. Once an abnormality is found, it should be dealt with immediately. If it cannot be dealt with, contact the manufacturer in time to solve it to avoid damage to the equipment.
Precautions for laser cutter machine operation.
- Make sure that the power socket is in good contact and the ground wire is reliably grounded.
- Make sure that the working voltage of the chiller is stable and normal.
Since the refrigeration compressor is sensitive to the power supply voltage, the normal working voltage of the standard product is 200~250v (110v model is 100~130v). If you really need a wider working voltage range, you can customize it separately.
- Mismatched power frequency will cause damage to the machine.
Please use the 50Hz or 60Hz model according to the actual situation.
- To protect the circulating water pump, it is strictly prohibited to run without water.
The water storage tank has been emptied before the new machine is loaded. Please make sure that the water tank is filled with water before turning it on, otherwise, the water pump is very easy to damage. When the water level of the water tank is below the green (normal) range of the water level gauge, the cooling capacity of the cooler will drop slightly. Ensure that the water level of the water tank is within the green (normal) range of the water level gauge. It is strictly forbidden to use a circulating pump to drain water.
- Make sure that the air inlet and outlet channels of the chiller are smooth.
The air outlet on the chiller must be at least 1250px away from the obstacle, and the side air inlet must be at least 500px away from the obstacle.
6. The filter of the air inlet must be cleaned regularly.
The dust screen must be removed and washed regularly. Serious blockage of the dust screen will cause the chiller to malfunction.
- Please pay attention to the influence of condensation water.
When the water temperature is lower than the ambient temperature and the ambient humidity is high, the condensed water will be generated on the surface of the circulating water pipe and the cooling device. When the above situation occurs, it is recommended to increase the water temperature or heat the water pipe and the cooling device.
8. This product is industrial equipment, please do not let non-professionals operate it.