Operation Steps Of Automatic Cutting Of Industrial CNC Plasma Cutting MachineGlover
Plasma cutting is the process of cutting material by pushing melted down, ionized gas set at twenty-thousand degrees or more through the opening of a plasma cutting machine. During this process, an electrical current travels through this gas, creating an arc between the workplace and an electrode. industrial cnc plasma cutting machine are perfect for manufacturing projects because of their versatility in welding and similar projects.
The concrete steps of how to operate the automatic cutting of industrial cnc plasma cutting machine are as follows:
1. Automatic cutting is mainly suitable for cutting thicker workpieces. Select the switch position of “choosing thickness”.
2. After removing the cutting blowpipe roller, the cutting blowpipe is firmly connected with the semi-automatic cutting machine, and the connecting parts are provided in the random accessories.
3. Connect the power supply of the semi-automatic cutting machine, install the guide rail or radius rod according to the shape of the workpiece (if the guide rail is used for straight cutting, if cutting the circle or arc, the radius rod should be selected).
4. If the cut blowpipe switch plug is removed, the remote control switch plug (available in random accessories) should be replaced.
5. Adjust the appropriate walking speed according to the thickness of the workpiece. The “inverted” and “shun” switches on the semi-automatic cutting machine are placed in the cutting direction.
6. Adjust the distance between the nozzle and the workpiece to 3-8 mm, and adjust the center position of the nozzle to the starting strip of the workpiece slit.
7. Open the remote control switch. After cutting the workpiece, turn on the power switch of the semi-automatic cutting machine, and the cutting can be carried out. In the initial stage of cutting, we should pay attention to the slit situation at any time and adjust the cutting speed to a suitable level. And always pay attention to the normal operation of the two machines.
8. After cutting, the remote control switch and the power switch of the semi-automatic cutting machine should be turned off. So far, this is the CNC plasma cutting machine to complete the whole process of cutting.
Cutting specificationsVarious plasma arc cutting technology parameters directly affect the stability of the cutting process, cutting quality and effect. The main cutting specifications are briefly described as follows:
1. No-load voltage and arc column voltagePlasma cutting power supply, must have high enough no-load voltage, in order to easily start the arc and make the plasma arc stable combustion.No-load voltage is generally 120-600V, and arc column voltage is generally half of no-load voltage.Increasing the voltage of the arc column can obviously increase the power of the plasma arc, so it can improve the cutting speed and the cutting thickness of the metal plate. The arc column voltage is usually achieved by adjusting the gas flow rate and increasing the electrode shrinkage, but the arc column voltage should not exceed 65% of the no-load voltage, otherwise the plasma arc will be unstable.
2. Cutting currentIncreasing the cutting current can also increase the power of the plasma arc, but it is limited by the maximum allowable current. Otherwise, the plasma arc column will become thicker, the slit width will increase, and the electrode life will decrease.
3. Gas flowIncreasing the gas flow rate can not only improve the arc column voltage, but also enhance the compression effect on the arc column, so that the plasma arc energy is more concentrated and the jet force is stronger, so that the cutting speed and quality can be improved.But the gas flow is too large, but will make the arc column shorter, increase the heat loss, so that the cutting ability is weakened, until the cutting process can not be carried out normally.
4. Internal shrinkage of electrodeThe so-called shrinkage refers to the distance between the electrode and the end face of the cutting nozzles. The appropriate distance can make the arc compress well in the cutting nozzles and obtain the plasma arc with energy concentration and high temperature for effective cutting.If the distance is too large or too small, the electrode will be seriously burned, the cutting nozzle will be burned out and the cutting ability will be reduced. The inner shrinkage is generally 8~11mm.
5. Height of cutting nozzleThe height of the cutting mouth refers to the distance between the end face of the cutting mouth and the surface of the workpiece to be cut.The distance is generally 4-10mm.It is the same as the electrode shrinkage, the distance should be appropriate to give full play to the cutting efficiency of the plasma arc, otherwise it will reduce the cutting efficiency and cutting quality or make the cutting nozzle burn out.
6. Cutting speedThe above factors directly affect the compression effect of the plasma arc, that is, the temperature and energy density of the plasma arc, and the high temperature and high energy of the plasma arc determine the cutting speed, so the above factors are related to the cutting speed.Under the premise of ensuring the cutting quality, the cutting speed should be improved as far as possible. This not only improves productivity, but also reduces the amount of deformation of the cut parts and the heat-affected area in the slit area.If the cutting speed is not appropriate, the effect is opposite, and it will increase the viscosity of slag, cutting quality decline.
Advantages of Plasma cutting system
– Able to cut all conductive materials. Flame cutting, though also suitable for cutting thick metals, is limited to ferrous metals only.
– Great quality for thickness up to 50 mm.
– Maximum thickness up to 150 mm.
– Comparatively cheap for medium thickness cuts.
– Best way to cut medium thickness stainless steel and aluminum.
– CNC machines are available to provide high precision and repeatability.
– Can cut in water, resulting in smaller HAZ. Also reduces noise levels.
– Smaller cutting kerf compared to flame cutting.
– Quicker cutting speed than oxyfuel.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.