What is a laser engraver machine?
Laser engraver machine, as the name suggests, is advanced equipment that uses a laser to engrave materials that need to be engraved. It has many advantages: smooth incision, non-contact cutting, high-speed engraving, accurate engraving, and good results.
The laser source of the co2 laser engraving machine is a glass laser tube, which can be upgraded to a co2 metal radio-frequency tube.
The common power of the laser tube is 40w/60w/80w/100w/130w/150w/170w/220w/260w.
CO2 laser engraving machines are generally divided into Mini CO2 laser engraver, Protective CO2 laser engraver, Flatbed CO2 laser engraver, Mixed laser engraver cutter.
Common worktable sizes of CO2 laser engraving machine are 500*300mm, 600*400mm, 1300*900mm, 1600*1000mm, 1300*2500mm.
The main components of co2 laser engraving machine include laser tube, laser power supply, reflector, focusing mirror, transmission system, drive system, control system, work surface, chiller, etc.
What is the working principle of the laser engraver machine?
Laser engraving is the energy released when the laser beam is irradiated to the surface of the workpiece to melt and evaporate the workpiece to achieve the purpose of cutting and engraving. It has high precision, fast cutting, not limited to the limitation of cutting patterns, automatic layout saves material, and smooth cutting, Low processing cost and other characteristics, will gradually improve or replace the traditional engraving process equipment.
The principle of laser engraving is: the laser beam is transmitted through the optical mechanism and focused on the surface of the material, and the material at the point of action of the high-energy-density laser beam is rapidly vaporized to form pits. Use the computer to control the XY console to drive the laser head to move and follow the requirements Control the laser switch, the image information processed by the software has been stored in the computer in a certain way. When the information is read from the computer in order, the laser head will follow the scanning track from left to right from top to bottom line by line Scan back and forth. Whenever a “1” point is scanned, the laser is turned on, and when a “0” point is scanned, the laser is turned off. The computer stores information in binary, which is exactly the same as the laser switch. Match.
What is the application range of the laser engraver machine?
Laser processing can be performed on non-metallic materials and metal sheets such as acrylic, bamboo, wood, crystal, horn, paper plate, plexiglass, glass, marble, cloth, leather, rubber, plastic, paper, film, etc.
The carbon dioxide laser engraving machine is suitable for most non-metallic materials, such as paper packaging, plastic products, label paper, leather cloth, glass ceramics, resin plastic, bamboo and wood products, PCB boards, etc.
Clothing, embroidery, cloth toys, furnishing fabrics, handbags, gloves, toy industry leather, leather cutting and surface carving. Crafts, models, advertising, decoration, electrical appliances, acrylic panels, medium-density decorative panels in the plastic industry, etc. Precision cutting of non-metallic thin plates.
Kitchenware metal sheet cutting, advertising characters, large format truncation, clothing proofing, leather industry, footwear, decoration industry, furniture industry, packaging and printing industry, model industry, craft gift industry, etc.
What are the advantages of carbon dioxide laser engraver machine processing?
1.Wide range: carbon dioxide laser can almost engrave and cut any non-metallic materials.
- Safe and reliable: Non-contact processing is adopted, which will not cause mechanical extrusion or mechanical stress to the material. It will not damage the surface of the processed part; it will not deform the material;
- Precise and meticulous: the machining accuracy can reach 0.02mm;
- Saving and environmental protection: the diameter of the beam and spot is small, generally less than 0.5mm; the cutting process saves materials, and is safe and sanitary;
- Consistent effect: Ensure that the processing effect of the same batch is completely consistent.
6.High-speed and fast: can immediately carry out the high-speed engraving and cutting according to the pattern output by the computer.
- Low cost: Not limited by the number of processing, laser processing is cheaper for small batch processing services.
How to choose the right laser engraver machine?
- Material to be carved:
Determine the type of material to be engraved. At present, the CNC laser engraving machine on the market can be roughly divided into non-metal laser engraving machine and metal laser engraving machine. The former is specially used for engraving and cutting of non-metallic materials, while the latter can be used for metal materials. Processing.
Choose the appropriate laser power according to the material to be processed. For some materials, such as acrylic, two-colour plates, etc., high-power laser tubes are not required, but for some other materials, such as stone, wood and other harder materials, Higher power is required. The excellent working performance will require a power laser tube.
- Working size:
Different applications require laser engraving machines with different working sizes. Generally, laser engraving machines of models 6040, 9060, 1290, 1390, 1490, 1610, 1612, 1812 can be used, for example, the working size of model 6040 is 600*400mm. Different Work scale and different prices. For example:
1) Rubber pad, rubber sheet, carton board: most laser engraving machines can be used to engrave on rubber sheets. The material does not require some special and fast machines, so it is recommended to use a laser engraving machine suitable for engraving rubber sheets, which is cheap, The investment is small, but the return is fast.
2) Bamboo, greeting cards, paper-cut gifts, wooden crafts, small ornaments, carved wooden boxes, wine boxes, bamboo tubes, tea tubes, crystal glass ornaments, acrylic crafts, etc., choose small machines, such as 9060 laser engraving machine (900X600mm), the price is extremely high Competitive, high precision, equipped with lifting platform and free replacement platform, can be widely used in various materials and profiles.
3) Acrylic plate: Most laser engraving machines can be used to cut acrylic plates, however, it is recommended to use a dedicated laser cutting machine. Because the laser cutting machine is optimized for laser cutting and has excellent cutting results. Usually: 60W laser engraver can Cut 8-10mm acrylic. 80w laser engraver can cut 8-15mm acrylic.
4) Clothing, leather: Choose a suitable laser engraving machine, which has a fast cutting speed and is equipped with a honeycomb cutting platform.
- Engraving speed;
On the premise of excellent engraving effect, pay attention to the working speed of the machine. Only when you produce more products in a short time, you can create higher profits.
- Engraving accuracy;
The biggest difference between a laser engraving machine and traditional engraving equipment with manual engraving is the engraving accuracy. For fine project drawings, the engraving accuracy requirements are relatively high.
- Machine quality;
1) Stepper motor: It will affect the engraving accuracy of the CNC laser engraving machine. There are different types of stepper motors available, including imported ones, household ones, high-quality ones and inferior ones, etc.
2) Laser lens: It affects the power of the laser engraving machine. It can be divided into imported lenses, domestic lenses, and domestic lenses can be divided into imported materials and domestic materials. The price difference is very large, and the work effect and service life are also in this way.
3) Laser tube: the heart of laser engraving machines. Most household laser engraving machines use domestic laser tubes.
4) Machine tools: When selecting, pay special attention to the quality of the machine, especially the thickness and strength of the structure.
Laser engraver machine maintenance guide.
Maintenance of main components:
- Water replacement and water tank cleaning
The water quality and temperature of the circulating water directly affect the service life of the equipment. It is recommended to use pure water and keep the water temperature below 35°C. If it exceeds 35°C, the circulating water needs to be replaced, or ice cubes are added to the water to reduce the water temperature. (It is recommended that users choose cooling Machine, or use two water tanks).
Clean the water tank: first, turn off the power, unplug the water inlet pipe, let the water in the laser tube automatically flow into the water tank, open the water tank, take out the water pump, and remove the dirt on the water pump. Clean the water tank, replace the circulating water, and restore the water pump to the water tank, Insert the water pipe connected to the water pump into the water inlet, and arrange the connectors. Power on the water pump separately and run it for 2-3 minutes (make the laser tube full of circulating water).
Note: Confirm the laser tube is filled with cooling water before the machine starts.
- Cleaning of the fan
Long-term use of the fan will cause a lot of solid dust to accumulate in the fan, make the fan produce a lot of noise, and it is also not conducive to exhaust and deodorization. When the fan suction is insufficient and the smoke is not smooth, first turn off the power and turn the fan on Remove the air inlet and outlet pipes of the fan, remove the dust inside, then turn the fan upside down, and pull the fan blades inside until it is clean, and then install the fan.
- Cleaning of the lens
There are 3 mirrors and 1 focusing mirror on the engraving machine (the 1st mirror is located at the emission exit of the laser tube, which is the upper left corner of the machine, the 2nd mirror is located at the left end of the beam, and the 3rd mirror is located at the fixed part of the laser head. The focusing lens is located in the adjustable lens barrel at the bottom of the laser head. The lenses have reflected and focused the laser beam. The lens is easily stained with dust or other contaminants, causing laser loss or lens damage, No. 1 and No. 2 lenses need to be removed when cleaning, just wipe the lens cleaning paper dipped in the cleaning solution carefully along the centre of the lens to the edge. No. 3 lens and focusing lens need to be taken out of the frame and used Wipe in the same way, and put it back as it is after wiping.
Note: ①The lens should be wiped gently, and the surface coating should not be damaged; ②The wiping process should be handled gently to prevent it from falling; ③When installing the focusing lens, be sure to keep the concave surface down.
- Clean the guide rail
The guide rail is one of the core components of the equipment, and its function is to play a guiding and supporting role. In order to ensure that the machine has a higher processing accuracy, the guide rail and straight line are required to have high guiding accuracy and good motion stability. Laser cutting machine In the process of operation, due to the large amount of corrosive dust and smoke generated during the processing of the workpiece, these smoke and dust are deposited on the surface of the guide rail and linear shaft for a long time, which has a great impact on the processing accuracy of the equipment, and it will Corrosion spots are formed on the surface of the linear axis of the guide rail, which shortens the service life of the equipment. In order to make the machine work normally and stably and ensure the processing quality of the product, the daily maintenance of the guide rail and the linear axis must be carefully done. (It is recommended to clean it every half month and shut down the operation) (It is recommended to clean before work every day, and the equipment must be turned off) (It is recommended to clean the water tank and replace the circulating water once a week)
- Fastening of screws and couplings
After the motion system has been working for a period of time, the screws and couplings at the motion connection will loosen, which will affect the smoothness of the mechanical motion. Therefore, during the operation of the machine, observe whether there are abnormal noises or abnormal phenomena in the transmission components, and find the problem in time. Firmness and maintenance. At the same time, the machine should be tightened one by one with tools after a period of time. The first firmness should be about one month after the equipment is used.
- Inspection of the optical path
The optical path system of the laser engraver is completed by the reflection mirror and the focusing mirror. There is no offset problem of the focusing mirror in the optical path, but the three mirrors are fixed by the mechanical part, and the possibility of offset is relatively high. Although there is no deviation under normal circumstances, it is recommended that the user check whether the optical path is normal before each work.
Laser engraver machine maintenance details:
- The installation fulcrum of the laser tube should be reasonable. The fulcrum should be at 114 of the total length of the laser tube. Otherwise, the laser tube’s spot pattern will deteriorate. Some work for a period of time. The spot becomes several points, causing the laser power to drop and fail to meet the requirements. Replace the tube and carefully read the “Precautions for the Use of Laser Tubes”.
- The cooling system should be grounded, and the water tank and water circuit should be cleaned frequently. The temperature control point of the cooling temperature control water tank should be reasonable, otherwise, the laser tube will be easily damaged and the condensation power will be reduced, the cold water head of the tube will fall off, the life will be greatly shortened, and sometimes it will not work. Constantly changing tubes.
- Water protection should be checked and cleaned frequently. The cooling water often cannot be flushed to the water protection float switch or the water protection float switch is not reset, and the short circuit method cannot be used to solve the urgent need. The cooling water quality should be good, and the aluminium oxide of the water nozzle is too serious. It is necessary to regularly clean the dirt in the water pump, water pipe and water protection, otherwise, the laser tube will burst or the cold water head will fall off.
- The suction device should be inspected and cleaned regularly, and the fan duct should be cleaned. Otherwise, a lot of smoke and dust will not be discharged, which will seriously and quickly contaminate the lens and laser tube, making the mechanical and electronic components easy to oxidize and cause poor contact.
- Check the focusing lens and the mirror. After working for a while, the frame will heat up, and the surface of the lens will become discoloured and rusty; peeling and cracking are all objects to be replaced, especially many customers use atmospheric pumps and air compressors to focus on the lens. Water accumulates quickly on the surface, so it is necessary to check the cleanliness and quality of the optical path system of the lens (laser tube light outlet) on time.
- The working environment of the machine should not be too harsh. If the ambient temperature is higher than 30 degrees, lower than 18 degrees, there will be too much dust and serious air pollution, so that the machine will be severely damaged and the failure rate will continue to rise; electrical accessories are easily accessible in a humid environment There is a problem. So here is a special reminder to customers to improve the working environment and frequent maintenance of the machine.
- The power of the electricity grid must be matched. The power distribution and contact points of each part of the entire equipment must be good (fans, water coolers, laser machines, laser power supplies, and computers must be independently powered).
- The working current of the laser tube should be reasonable, and it should not work at 90-100 light intensity for a long time; the laser should be used rationally and the laser energy should be saved; the optical path system should be clean and correct, otherwise the laser tube will be prematurely ageing and broken, so the laser machine will work for a long time. It should be adjusted to 50-60% and then adjust the working speed according to the material so that the best working state of the laser tube.
9. The bottom plate and the processed material should be flat, otherwise, it will cause the focal length to be inconsistent and some places will not be cut. This will increase the light intensity and cause the laser tube to quickly age.
10. The heat dissipation of the laser power supply should be unobstructed, otherwise, the temperature will rise very high once the working current is adjusted above 50%, which will increase the failure rate of the laser power supply.
Precautions for laser engraver machine.
- When using autofocus, pay attention to the autofocus rod must be fastened, otherwise, the work surface will hit the laser.
2. When the laser engraver starts working, don’t open the cover.
3. Turn on the smoke exhaust and blowing equipment during processing.
- When processing wood and paper, you must pay attention to the processing speed to avoid fire.
- The initial user performs red light positioning first when performing irregular processing.
6.When processing thin wooden boards and variable materials, adjust the amplitude level to less than 1mm.
7. When cutting, use the workpiece holder to be more than 2 cm away from the worktable.
- Cleaning the reflective lens and focal lens: pinch the reflective lens with two fingers. The other hand holds the camera lens cleaning paper to clean the lens.
9. Usually when engraving vector files, the resolution should be higher, and when engraving point files, the resolution should be lower.