How to solve the burr of laser cutting machine cutting carbon steel plate
Laser cutting machines have been common in sheet metal processing. Due to their high work efficiency and high quality of finished product cutting, laser cutting machines have become the standard for sheet metal processing stations. However, when some customers use the laser cutting machine, there are many burrs in the cut workpiece. Many people think that it is a quality problem of the laser cutting machine product, but it is not the case.
In the process of sheet metal processing, the gas purity and parameter settings of the laser cutting machine will affect the processing quality. If the equipment + gas + parameters are adjusted to the best, the cut workpiece will be free of burrs.
If there is a burr, it may be that the lens is dirty. At the beginning, the lens is clean, so there is no problem in cutting it. The rear lens is dirty, so there is a burr. But the most fundamental reason is because the air is used as auxiliary air, the air is not clean, and there is oil and water. In this case, it is necessary to add water and oil removal equipment at the rear end of the air compressor to ensure the normal operation of the cutting operation. To remove water is to add a cold dryer, and to remove oil is to add back-end oil removal equipment. The compressed air treated in this way not only ensures the normal operation of the cutting operation, but also protects the laser cutting equipment, and also prolongs the service cycle of the lens and the maintenance cycle of the laser cutting equipment. At the same time, it avoids the problem of lens contamination due to oil and water, which causes more damage to the laser equipment.
How do glitches occur?
In fact, burrs are excessive residue particles on the surface of metal materials. When the laser cutting machine is processing the workpiece, the energy generated by the laser beam irradiating the surface of the workpiece vaporizes and evaporates the surface of the workpiece to achieve the purpose of cutting. But there is one device here that we want to focus on, and that is gas.
The gas is to blow off the slag on the surface of the workpiece after the irradiated surface of the workpiece is vaporized. If the gas is not used, after the slag cools, a burr will be formed and attached to the cutting surface. Therefore, the purity of the gas should be high, and you can change to a gas supplier with a higher quality. The purity of the gas is very important. Do not use cylinder gas, because after two fillings, the purity is not good, and the gas is wasted.
Another reason is the quality of the equipment itself, as well as the parameter setting factor, so when customers buy a laser cutting machine, they should let experienced operators debug the equipment. Therefore, it is necessary to adjust the cutting parameters as best as possible. The cutting speed of air pressure, flow, focal length, etc., needs to be adjusted many times. The parameters provided by the machine cannot cut high-quality workpieces.
If a material has burrs, then the material can be classified as defective. The more burrs, the lower the quality. Specifically, when the laser cutting machine has burrs, it can be checked and solved from the following aspects.
- The upper and lower positions of the focus of the beam are deviated.
Solution: Adjust the position of the focus according to the offset position it produces.
- The output power of the laser cutting machine is not enough.
Solution: Check whether the laser cutting machine is working normally. If it is not normal, it needs to be repaired and maintained in time. If it is normal, check whether the output value is correct.
- The cutting speed of the cutting machine is too slow.
Solution: adjust the wire cutting speed in time.
- The purity of the cutting machine gas is not enough.
Solution: Change the gas.
- The addition point of the laser beam of the cutting machine is offset.
Solution: debug the focus and make adjustments in time
- The laser cutting machine is unstable due to the long operation time.
Workaround: Power off the machine and let the machine rest.
Water removal is relatively simple and the cost is relatively low, but oil removal is relatively complicated. Catalytic oxidation oil removal can be understood. It provides a 0-level oil-free solution. It is recommended to check the laser beam focus or cutting speed. Laser cutting If the cutting line speed of the machine is too slow, it will also damage the surface quality of the cutting surface and cause burrs. Or replace the auxiliary gas with a higher purity. At the same time, the working time of the laser cutting machine is too long, so that the unstable working state of the equipment will also lead to burrs and the cost is low.
- First check whether there is any problem with the laser output, and whether the light spot is very round (the circle indicates that the horizontal distribution of laser energy is uniform, and the energy distribution of the light spot formed after passing through the lens is also more uniform. The cutting quality is good )
- Check whether the lens during the laser transmission is dirty, or whether the lens is dirty, and whether the lens has small cracks that are not easy to be found by the naked eye, which will affect the transmission of laser power.
- After the above two points are checked, it can be determined whether the laser itself is good. Only after that is the adjustment of process parameters. The burrs produced by laser cutting of stainless steel have a certain hardness and are difficult to remove. It is time-consuming and affects the appearance of the workpiece. It’s best to fix it at the source. The purity of the gas should be high. You can change to a gas supplier with better quality. The purity of the gas is very important. It is best not to use cylinder gas, because after two fillings, the purity is not good, and the gas is wasted. The second is to adjust the cutting parameters to the best, the air pressure, flow, focal length, cutting speed, etc., need to be adjusted many times, and the parameters provided by the machine cannot cut beautiful workpieces. Equipment + gas + parameters, adjusted to the best, the workpiece cut out is free of burrs.
Fiber laser cutting machine is a precision machine, often a data error will cause its work to run abnormally, so it should be strict in the work to reduce errors. The above are some factors that may cause burrs in the laser cutting machine and specific treatment measures. I hope everyone can solve this problem when facing this problem.