How to correctly install and remove CNC router bits?Thorpe
How to correctly install and remove CNC router bits?
Today I will explain the precautions for installing and removing the CNC router bits. As we all know, the CNC engraving machine can be equipped with different tools to achieve different engraving needs. Installing and removing tools is a very important step in the process of using the engraving machine, so we need to master the correct installation method and process.
The following are the precautions for installing and removing the CNC router tools:
- Before installing the tool, please check whether the tool is worn or cracked. If there is the above situation, we need to replace the new tool or repair the tool before use.
- Remember to clean the surface of the tool before installation and remove some washers and burrs on the surface to prevent dust and burrs from affecting the accuracy of tool engraving. Also note that when clamping the tool with washers, keep the ends of the washers as parallel as possible. If the milling cutter is found to be skewed after installation, the position of the washer should be adjusted in time to minimize the error caused by the washer until the milling cutter does not shake after the machine is started.
- When installing the milling cutter, the taper between the cutter, the middle sleeve and the spindle must match, and the installation center and the cutter center should be as concentric as possible. After the tool is inserted into the spindle, we need to tighten the milling cutter with screws. It should be noted that the rotation direction of the milling cutter must be consistent with the direction of the thread, so as to ensure that the thread is connected to the milling cutter more firmly during the rotation process, thereby avoiding the risk of the milling cutter being loose and pulled out.
- In the case of meeting the processing requirements, the milling cutter should be as close to the spindle bearing as possible, and the hanger bearing should be as close as possible to the milling cutter. If the milling cutter is far away from the spindle bearing, a hanger bearing needs to be installed between the spindle bearing and the milling cutter.
- After installing the milling cutter, please check the related washers and nuts again to see if there is any looseness. And use a dial indicator to check the diameter and end runout of the milling cutter to see if it is within the allowable range. After use, after removing the tool, it should not be thrown away at will. It should be hung on the shelf to prevent bending and deformation of the tool. If under special circumstances, when the tool needs to be stored horizontally, we should lay a soft object on the tool to prevent scratching and deformation.